17/4 Calligraphic Card Design 3 Week Course
£135 including worksheets and full kit
Time & Location
17 Apr 2024, 10:00 – 12:00
About the Event
Three-week Calligraphy Card Design Course, starting on 17th April and running until 1st May. The aim is to provide a comprehensive understanding of how you can use your calligraphy skills to create beautiful greeting card designs. If you are a beginner, book a beginner class first to gain an understanding of the foundations of calligraphy.
Embark on a creative journey with Rosie as she guides you through the delightful fusion of calligraphy and greeting card design. In this engaging online course, you'll discover innovative yet accessible ways to use calligraphy. Over three sessions, Rosie will share her expertise, providing practical tips and hands-on activities to bring your messages to life.
Session 1: Foundations of Calligraphy (2 hours)
- Essential Tools and Materials: Learn about the pens, inks, and paper that will bring your designs to life.
- Basic Strokes and Techniques: Master the fundamental strokes that form the basis of beautiful calligraphy.
- Create a layered card design: Use the drills and letterforms you’ve created in the session.
Session 2: Creating Drama with Flourishing (2 hours)
- Calligraphic Styles: Dive into different styles, look at the message they bring to a design, and how to keep your calligraphy beautiful while still easily legible.
- Adding Personal Flair: Discover the art of flourishing to enhance your lettering with decorative elements.
- Off the Edge Designs: Work on different-sized cards using this technique to add drama to your card layouts.
Session 3: Designing Stunning Calligraphy Cards (2 hours)
- Conceptualization and Planning: Learn how to brainstorm ideas and plan your calligraphy card designs.
- Alternative Materials: Use paint to write from the nib in colours that pop on Kraft and dark cards. Learn methods to help prepare different card surfaces to allow the nib to flow over them.
- Critique and Feedback: Share your creations with the class for constructive feedback to refine your designs.
- Hands-On Project: Apply your skills to create a set of personalized calligraphy cards, guided by the instructor.
- Interactive Learning Environment: Engage in live demonstrations, ask questions, and receive personalized feedback from the instructor.
- Flexible Schedule: Access course materials and recordings at your convenience, making fitting into your busy lifestyle easy.
- Community Engagement: Connect with fellow participants through a dedicated WhatsApp group to share ideas, experiences, and inspiration.
- Resource Kit: Receive a resource kit with templates, practice sheets, and materials posted to your home.
This course will allow you to create stunning calligraphy cards that leave a lasting impression. Join us and unlock the artistic potential of your pen!
Missed a session? Catch up at your own pace with session recordings made available to participants.
If you choose the ticket that includes a kit, it will include the following and will be posted to you the week before the first workshop.
A Crown nib
2 in 1 pen-holder
Mini bottle of black ink
A black Finetec pan
3 x folded white cards, Kraft envelopes and 3 insert sheets
Fabric pouch of gum sandrac
Gift tags of different sizes
A 2B pencil
Rhodia A4 pad
If you choose the No Kit option, you will need to supply the above and we will email your worksheets prior to the start date of the course.
There is now the option to split your payment into 3 monthly instalments by using Clearpay at the checkout.
Included within this ticket price is postage to the UK mainland only, no Islands or Highlands. For other UK and international locations, please email Nadine at email@example.com with your name, address, and the workshop/course title and date you would like to attend and she will be able to let you know the additional postage charge and eta for your kit via Royal Mail.
PLEASE NOTE Once your kit has been posted, workshop tickets are not refundable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This workshop will be hosted via Zoom. Your Zoom invite will come with your booking email confirmation, and we'll send it to you in your reminder email 3 days before your workshop. Please check your Spam folder in case the emails end up in there.
- Ticket type
This ticket includes the kit listed.Price£135.00
- Ticket type
No Kit Option
This ticket is without any kit. You will need to supply all the materials. Worksheets will be emailed.Price£110.00