03/10 Online: Super Signage 5 Week Course 7-9pm
£195 includes kit worth RRP £65
Time & Location
03 Oct 2023, 19:00 – 21:00
About the Event
This course will run weekly from Tuesday 3rd October to 31st October.
Tutor: Vicky Daws
When she isn’t teaching for us, Vicky works creating signage and table plans for weddings, parties, restaurants and shops. Whether it’s on mirrors, chalkboards, wooden palettes or acrylic, she will share her experience and knowledge of lettering design, as well as the techniques and specific tools to use to transform everyday surfaces into stunning works of art.
Whether you're a novice or an experienced artist, this course will help you develop the techniques and confidence needed to produce beautiful hand-lettered signage, including table plan layouts and menus. In the final session of the course, you will apply everything you have learned to a project and receive lots of guidance from your tutor throughout.
Covered in the five-week course:
- Overview of hand lettering as an art form
- Understanding different lettering styles
- Essential tools and materials for hand lettering
- Setting up your workspace for optimal creativity
- Learning the anatomy of letters
- Practicing basic strokes and lines
- Developing consistent letterforms
- Exploring different lettering styles (e.g., serif, sans-serif, script)
- Choosing the right chalkboard surface and preparation
- Chalkboard-specific tools and techniques
- Creating decorative borders and frames
- Adding flourishes and embellishments
- Selecting suitable mirrors for lettering
- Specialised tools and materials for mirror lettering
- Techniques for working with reflective surfaces
- Working with transparent and translucent effects
- Designing lettering for windows, glass doors, and more
- Principles of effective layout and composition
- Balancing text and visual elements
- Enhancing your designs with embellishments
- Scaling up your work
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Expert instruction from an experienced hand lettering artist
- Hands-on practice and projects to reinforce learning
- A supportive community of fellow learners
- Worksheets and references
If you choose the ticket that includes the kit, it will include the following and will be posted the week before the first workshop...
- Posca 3M White
- Posca 5M White
- Red Posca 5m
- White Chalkstick
- Box of coloured chalk
- 6 Sheets of Black A4 Card
You will need to provide...
- Masking tape or washi tape
- L Rule if you have one
- A3 MDF Board
- Blackboard paint
- Small Paint Roller
- A cloth (microfibre if possible)
NO KIT OPTION
You will only receive the worksheets, that will be posted out to you before the event.
There is now the option to split your payment into 3 monthly instalments by using Clearpay at the checkout.
Included within this ticket price is postage to the UK mainland only, no Islands or Highlands. For other UK and international locations, please email Nadine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, and the workshop/course title and date you would like to attend and she will be able to let you know the additional postage charge and eta for your kit via Royal Mail.
PLEASE NOTE Once your kit has been posted, workshop tickets are not refundable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This workshop will be hosted via Zoom. Your Zoom invite will come with your booking email confirmation, and we'll send it to you in your reminder email 3 days before your workshop. Please check your Spam folder in case the emails end up in there.
12/09 Super Signage
This ticket includes a full kit which will be posted to you a week before your course is due to start.£195.00
NO KIT -5 wk Super Signage
This ticket option does NOT include a kit. Worksheets and templates will be emailed. Please ensure that you have selected the right option.£145.00